NERD FOR A LIVING OFFICIAL GENERAL CONTEST RULES
By participating in a contest by Nerd For A Living (hereafter referred to as N4AL) and/or its website or social media channels, entrants agree to the specific rules, terms and conditions provided for that particular contest as stated, either in addition to or in place of the Official General Contest Rules given here.
- Only entrants in the United States and Canada are eligible to enter and win. A valid US or Canadian mailing address is required for prize delivery.
- You can only win once per 90-day period.
- All winners will be selected by random drawing.
- Prizes are offered in “as is” condition, and may be new, used or refurbished. Condition of prizes is not guaranteed. Items damaged in shipping cannot be returned or replaced.
- One entry per person per contest page. One entry per person, per social media post.
- Note: multiple entries from the same email address do not increase your chances of winning. Multiple social media posts do.
- Automatic submissions (using bots) will result in disqualification from the contest. Repeat offenders’ N4AL subscriptions will be terminated and disqualified from future contests at N4AL’s discretion.
- If you have a specific question about the rules of this contest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with RULES REQUEST and the name of the contest in the subject line and your questions(s) in the body of the email. A complete listing of detailed ‘legalese’ rules and regulations can also be requested.
ELIGIBILITY AND ODDS OF WINNING
No purchases necessary to enter. Purchase will not improve chances of winning. Contests are open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older (unless otherwise specified), except employees of N4AL, Armadian Creative, affiliates, subsidiaries, and successor companies, contest sponsors, advertising and promotion agencies, contest prize suppliers, participating advertisers and immediate family members of anyone so situated. “Immediate family members” shall include spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws”, or by current or past marriage, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other familial extension, and any other persons residing at the same household location, whether or not related. If minors are permitted to participate in the contest, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor at the time of entry must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, and N4AL reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of a minor.
HOW TO ENTER
Except as otherwise provided in specific contest rules, entries may be submitted by via N4AL website or via standard mail. Contest entries must include entrant’s name, email address, mailing address and age. All contest entries become the property of N4AL. Entrant contact information will not be shared or sold to third parties. Any materials or information, other than contact information, submitted as part of the contest entry become property of N4AL and may be used for any purpose whatsoever, including promotion, without further compensation to the entrant.
RESTRICTIONS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
One entry per person. One winner per household. Void where prohibited by law. N4AL reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any kind. The decision of N4AL is final. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. N4AL, Armadian Creative, their subsidiaries and affiliates, their officers, directors, agents, insurers, and employees, and their advertising and promotional agencies and sponsors assume no responsibility or liability whatsoever for damages, loss or injury resulting from participating in any contest or acceptance or use of any prize. In consideration of participation in a contest, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, the Entrant, on Entrant’s behalf, and on behalf of Entrant’s heirs, successors or assigns, administrators and personal representatives, does hereby COVENANT NOT TO SUE, FULLY RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE (i) Nerd For A Living, (ii) N4AL, (iii) Armadian Creative, and each of their respective direct and indirect subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and related entities, (iv) each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, insurers, attorneys, shareholders and representatives, and (v) each predecessor, successor, and assign thereof, from and against any and all actions, charges, claims, losses, costs, damages, expenses (including attorneys’ fees and expenses) and liabilities of any kind or character, whether known or unknown, in connection with, arising out of or in any way related to Entrant’s participation in any contest.
- Web Site Entries. In the event a contest accepts website entries, participants must accurately complete all required fields or entry will be deemed invalid. N4AL and its sponsors shall have no liability for any malfunction of the Internet, N4AL website or any other computer-related processor system. N4AL is not responsible for any prize offered or any aspect of any contest appearing on an advertiser’s web banner or hyperlink located on N4AL website.
- Fax and Mail Entries. If a contest accepts fax or mail entries (postal or electronic), N4AL and its sponsors are not responsible for the late, misdirected, lost, misplaced, illegible, mutilated or postage-due entries for any reason, including electronic or computer malfunctions that may affect the delivery or content of the entry, nor are they liable for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or hardware related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the contest.
- Drop Box Entries. In the event a contest accepts entry forms by deposit in an entry box, N4AL and its sponsors are not responsible for lost, misplaced, illegible, mutilated, or incomplete entry forms, and such entries will be deemed invalid.
Prizes are specified within individual contest rules. Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable. No substitution or cash equivalent will be made. N4AL reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the awarded prize in unavailable for any reason. If tickets to a performance or event are awarded as a prize, N4AL is not responsible for any cancellation or rescheduling of the performance for any reason and has no obligation to reimburse, refund or otherwise substitute the tickets for another prize should the performance not be rescheduled or vouchers not issued. Furthermore, N4AL is not responsible for cancellations or delays in travel accommodations and has no obligation to reimburse, refund or otherwise substitute any tickets awarded as a part of a travel prize due to such cancellations or delays.
HOW TO CLAIM PRIZE
Winners will be selected as described in the specific rules of each contest. In the event that a prize is mailed to the winner, winner assumes the risk of the prize’s safe arrival. Dependent on cash value of the prize, winners may be required to provide proof of age, photo identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. The only accepted types of photo identification are government issued photo identifications, including a valid driver’s license or United States passport. N4AL reserves the right to deny awarding the prize if the winner fails to provide satisfactory identification, as determined in N4AL’s sole discretion. In addition, winners agree to execute an affidavit of eligibility, indemnification and release of liability before any prize is awarded. If the prize is travel tickets, travel partners, if any, must meet age eligibility requirements and must also execute an affidavit of eligibility, indemnification and release of liability prior to awarding the prize. Failure to execute any of these documents or comply with any of the terms will result in forfeiture of the prize. Winners have seven (7) days from the date their name is selected and they are notified via email, first announced on the N4AL website, or by other disclosed mode of public dissemination, to claim their prize. Failure to claim prize within this time for any reason will result in forfeiture of the prize. N4AL reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award unclaimed prizes to alternate contestants or not to award the unclaimed prizes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All federal, state and local taxes (including any sales taxes) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prior to the delivery of any prize, N4AL reserves the right to collect from the winner any taxes it deems appropriate. Any person winning over $600 in prizes during any one year period will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. Any additional costs relating to the prizes, and incurred as a result of accepting the prizes, is the sole responsibility of the winner.
DISQUALIFICATION AND PENALTIES
All participants agree to be bound by these rules. N4AL, in its sole discretion, further reserves the right to disqualify any person for (i) violating any of these rules, (ii) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the N4AL website, (iii) gaining an unfair advantage in participating in the contest, (iv) obtaining winner status using fraudulent means, or (v) engaging in otherwise unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing, or threatening behavior. Furthermore, any resale or auction or attempt to resell or auction of N4AL complimentary prizes, if any, will result in disqualification for all future N4AL contests.
ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, N4AL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Unless prohibited by law, participation constitutes permission for N4AL, Armadian Creative and contest sponsors, without any further obligation to the contest participant, to use participant’s name, likeness and public social media or website addresses for promotional purposes.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These rules apply to all N4AL sponsored contests unless modified or superseded by rules written for a specific contest, or if inapplicable for such a promotion or contest. In the event any specific contest rule conflicts with any of the general rules provided above, the specific contest rules prevail. N4AL reserves the right in its sole discretion to supplement or make changes to the rules of any contest at any time without notice. N4AL reserves the right in its sole discretion to interpret the rules of any contest, and such interpretation shall be binding upon all participants. N4AL shall not be responsible for any administrative errors involved in the execution of any contest. Copies of the Official Rules for any contest may also be attained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope with the identity of the contest inquiry to: Nerd For A Living Contests, PO Box 771336, St. Louis, MO 63177. For a list of contest winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Nerd For A Living Winners List, PO Box 771336, St. Louis, MO 63177, and include the name of the contest.