Nerd For A Living is thrilled to be headed back to Seattle for our third GeekGirlCon. This convention is 100% volunteer run and “celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology, comics, arts, and literature.” Happening the weekend of October 11th-12th in Seattle, Washington, Nerd for a Living is presenting two speaker panels – one as part of the main schedule and the other as part of the Connections track happening at the convention:
How to be a “Nerd for a Living”
October 11 | 11:00-11:50pm | Room 203
Do you want to work in the industry you’re passionate about, but you’re not sure how to get from where you are to where you want to be? This panel of professional “Nerds for a Living” will discuss different types of jobs that exist within film, gaming, comics and more. Get advice and insights on how to create a path to the career you want from those already working within “Nerd Culture.” This panel will conclude with a 10-minute Q&A.
- Jaimie Cordero – CEO, Espionage Cosmetics
- Susan Eisenburg – Voice Actress, Justice League Unlimited
- Heidi Gaertner – Technology Director, Big Fish Games
- Jina Heverley – VP & General Manager of PC, Mac & Cloud, Big Fish Games
- Rebecca Hicks – Creator of Little Vampires
Moderated by Nerd For A Living marketing director Wendy Buske.
The Business of Self Promotion:
Marketing Your Art or Small Business Online
October 11 | 3:00-3:50pm | Room 203
A panel of professional artists, creators, and professional marketers will provide valuable insights and advice on promoting and protecting your art online. Topics will include how to create your brand, how to find your audience, legal resources, ways to sell your work online, social media channels, how to manage time spent talking about art versus time spent creating it.
- Amanda Nuckolls – Founder/Chief Executive Gnome, GnomeAcres
- Christal VanEtten – Social Media Puppet Master, Espionage Cosmetics
- Wendy Buske – Marketing Director, Nerd For A Living